US Scholarships - open for applications starting March 1st, 2017
When it comes to developing and shaping your career, there’s nothing quite like a good education and hands-on experience. At CN, we offer scholarships and internships for just this reason.
CN is proud to recognize and encourage educational excellence. Through our Scholarships Program, we offer grants to support the post-secondary education of best-in-class students enrolled in programs relevant to CN's core business.
CN is proud to recognize and encourage educational excellence. Through its recently revised Scholarships Program, CN will offer grants to support the post-secondary education of best-in-class students in the United States.
As part of this program, and to support its hiring needs, CN will sponsor deserving students enrolled in programs relevant to CN’s core business. Selected students will be awarded a $3,000 scholarship, tenable for one academic year
The following three criteria must ALL be met to be an eligible CN Scholarship applicant:
Students who are enrolled for the 2017-2018 academic year in a technical, undergraduate or graduate degree in of the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical/Agricultural & Biological Engineering;
- Railway Infrastructure Engineering (and all things Railroad specific)
- Software Engineering studies Or Computer Sciences
Transportation & Logistics
Sales & Marketing
- Business Administration/Marketing/Business Development
Human Resources, Aboriginal Studies & Law
- Human Resources, Labour Relations
- Aboriginal OR Native OR Indigenous Studies (including Native Law)
Accounting and Finance
- Accounting, Commerce and Finance
**Eligible educational institutions are American educational institutions, or their affiliates, which have recognized degree-granting powers.**
- Who are best-in-class (only those applicants who have obtained an average of 80% or above over the last three semesters of studies will be considered)
- Who are interested in a summer internship at CN (dates to come)
The selection of our Scholarship winners is made by a committee formed by members of the Human Resources team and representatives of the applicable CN department, according to the applicant’s field of study.
CN’s Scholarship committee selects winners based on:
- Their academic performance;
- The quality of their Plan of Study;
- The strength of the recommendation in the provided reference letter(s);
- Opportunities available.
- Applications must be submitted by April 15, 2017.
- The amount awarded for each scholarship is $3,000 US.
- The CN Scholarships’ committee’s decisions relative to winner selection are irrevocable.
- CN Scholarships are not renewable, however, students may reapply to the program each year they meet the eligibility requirements.